Saturday, June 13, 2009

New Album: Barbie Photography

I have added a new album at My Gallery - it's for my Barbie Photography. Read more about it in the album description. Here is a little sampler of what you'll find there:





Taking photos of Silkstone Barbies was somewhat challenging. With only 6 points of articulation and lack of ball joints, I had to get creative in other ways so the dolls wouldn't look like they were "just there". My goal was to make the dolls look alive, not like inanimate objects. What I found was that this was easier to do with some Silkies than others. With the right facepaint and limb structures, certain dolls lent themselves to a variety of good angles. And especially through facepaint, conveyed personality and attitudes when photographed from certain angles.


No comments: