Friday, August 3, 2007

5th Sewing Project - Peasant Top

This project was McCall's 5050 -



This pattern was super easy, that I think it would make a good first or second pattern for beginners.  There are no facings or linings, and it wears like a sack so you don't have to deal with fitting.  It can be worn on or off the shoulder.


The instructions call for a ribbon to be sewn at the neckline, but I wanted it to be interchangable, so I sewed a loop of thread there instead.  I can tie whatever ribbon I'd like on the loop.  This is nice because I don't have to put my ribbons through the laundry.  :-D  I also sewed hanger loops at the underarm seam.


Pics:


  I love the print on this fabric.  I got it from Joann's.


  This is the thread loop right before tying a ribbon to it


  Here is the same shirt with three different ribbons


  The hanger loop


    Wearing the top

No comments: