Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fourth Sewing Project - Trapeze Mini-Dress

Well... I had this big entry written up and myspace puked when I tried to submit it.  I lost everything I wrote.  So now I'm tired, and mad, so I'm just posting the pics.  I might update this later.  Might.   :-)


Pattern - Simplicity 3739



Things learned:



  • how to make pleats
  • how to use rolled hem foot
  • how to make hanger loops
  • how to install hidden zipper

I used 100% cotton with cherries over subtle pink/white grid print, and satin ribbon trim in Antique White.


  The finished dress


  Front and back of blind hem


  Puff sleeve; bodice lining in same fabric


  Pleats under front bodice


  Hidden zipper


  Satin ribbon hanger loop attached to underarm seam


  Me, wearing dress


Some useful sites:


PatternReview.com
How to wear Trapeze Shapes and Silhouttes


 

No comments: