Thursday, October 6, 2005

buyer beware - DDR dance pad

About 2 months ago or less, I bought a Dance Dance Revolution 2-in-1 Deluxe dance pad made by some no-name brand. I have been using the original vinyl Konami pad for over 2 years, consistently at least 3 times a week, so I felt I deserved an upgrade. The new pad had a foam insert, which is easier on your joints, and doesn't slip across the floor. Anway, the stupid thing broke after a few weeks of having it, for no apparent reason. I was pretty mad because Fry's, where I got it, was kind of far to go just for an exchange. We went anyway, and they exchanged it with no problems.

So now, I've had the new one for less time as the first one, and it broke again! Once again for no apparent reason. I haven't even used it more than 5 times. Coincidentally, the headset that my boyfriend also bought at Fry's broke this week. I'm starting to think Fry's is cursed. So this weekend we're making a special trek just to get our crap replaced. In my case, I'm asking for a refund - it's obviously faulty workmanship.

So buyer beware - don't get the DDR 2-in-1 Deluxe game pad that comes in a bright green box with an anime-girl on it. I think the brand is A3 but I'm not sure. I know it's crappy workmanship because we opened the case and tested the circuit board. We also opened my original plain vinyl Konami pad to compare the innards. The Konami board was nicely labeled and professionally soldered. The generic brand look like it was falling apart.

Hopefully I'll get a refund, and I'm sticking with a well-known brand like Konami or Ignition.

No comments: